Sunday, May 5, 2019

Nostalgia

 Nostalgia


 Honestly not giving us topics to write about for the media blogs is giving me too much power because this is basically just a third Instagram account for me. Anyways if you know anything about me or my music taste, you know I’m all about nostalgia and things that make you think back to your childhood. Every old cartoon I watched as a kid after schools on the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon channels  flood me with my childhood memories.  I was blessed enough to have a relatively normal childhood watching cartoons after school and on Saturday mornings.  So whenever I see or hear something that relates the  spark of my childhood, I have to go back To get the full experience whether it means going on YouTube to look for episodes of this one cartoon I used to watch  we’re going on Spotify to listen to this one nostalgic song.

This isn’t even limited to just cartoons and songs because my childhood also included video games. Just today I was talking to a few of my friends and we decided to take a trip down memory lane and play Minecraft like old times sake. I’m sure it didn’t have the same affect as when I was a child but it just felt right. This is the feeling that I re-create as often as possible because it sets me in a positive mindset  where all my insecurities meltaway and I drift  back to the unexplainable happiness of my childhood. I have a Spotify playlist named “simpler times “specifically for the re-creation of this feeling. Whenever something nostalgic comes drifting back into my life,  everything that’s going wrong with my life kind of just becomes a memory as I reminisce about the good times, of all the Saturday mornings on my couch with my cereal, still in my pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment