Sunday, May 5, 2019

How I got Into Volleyball

How I got into Volleyball
 It was the summer transition from eighth grade to ninth-grade going in the high school for the first time. Just like any other summer I had gotten to the point where I was so incredibly bored that I couldn’t find a single other thing to do.  Then I suddenly remembered an anime suggestion that have been given to me by a friend saying this was one of his favorite animes of all time. After asking him about what it wa this was one of his favorite animes of all time. After asking him  what it was about,  I was immediately  disinterested. He told me it was about volleyball which I had no knowledge on and had never even seen a full game of. Boy did this change.

 It had gotten so far into the summer  that I didn’t even care what I did as long as I was doing something besides laying in bed looking for random YouTube videos to watch. After watching the first few episodes I couldn’t stop until I reach the third season where it came to an abrupt end. I finish the entire series in less than a week. Actually no that’s a lie it was less than half of a week. I think what attracted me the most about this was the fact that it didn’t focus on volleyball but more so on the relationships formed because of the sport. Besides all the action shots like the picture above,  each character had their own story, own thoughts, and own emotions.

 I think the part that got me interested in volleyball what is the relationship between characters that was formed progressing through the anime.  I thought “I want a team like that”  as I signed up for a sport I had  absolutely no experience on.  I think what people don’t realize is that these “childish cartoons” have their own set of morals  that are only seen when you look below the surface of it being a silly cartoon that you’re “too old to be watching.”  Honestly I’m not really sure where this media blog is going about but if you have time I would highly suggest checking out this anime to all my fellow weebs out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment